2016年6月13日月曜日

Language issues and Academic life in Milan


       This is my first time going to Europe and learning foreign languages other than English, so I was excited to learn Italian. On last Monday, we had a first Italian language class. There were 2 teachers who taught us Italian language and their first class was a lot of fun. I learnt how to introduce myself such as how to tell my name, where I live in, where I was born in, what hobby mine is and so on. 
       After school, we went to Duomo for sightseeing and having a dinner. There are a lot of things I find interesting. At some places we went to , I asked something to the stuffs who works there in English, but they did not understand what I said and asked me something in Italian. I was surprised because even though Duomo is a famous and big city, there were some people who do not speak English even in such a big city. I did not understand Italian, but they did not understand English either. Therefore, we found it very hard to communicate with each other. At that time, Mr Stopford came to me, and helped me. He told the stuffs what I wanted to tell in Italian, and then they easily understood it. I can not just forget that moment because I thought I just want to be like Mr Stopford. Even not in English, he could communicate with many people in Italian. That is wonderful. It makes me feel like I just can not wait for the next day's class.
       However, I suddenly got a terrible headache and had no choice but to miss the class. I was so sad because as I mentioned earlier, I was so excited to go to the class and learn new things in Italian. Even after school, since I was not feeling very well I stayed at the hotel all day. 
       I hope I am going to be able to most of the time in Italy in next two weeks!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿